Pages

Amazon

Friday, January 29, 2010

iPhone Wifi not working? Reset your network settings

Had a interesting experience this afternoon. I’ve yet to write up my full iPhone experience, but here’s a early sneak peek.

I was working to get my iPhone connected to a hangout Wifi network. All my friends were working on the wifi in through the same network but my iphone which I bought just a couple of days ago wasn’t working! :|

I went to the guy whim I took the phone from and he said they’ll have to reinstall the software and do the process but I was least interested to loose all my data and back it up and crap..

I came back home and started browsing to get the issue solved..

Finally got the solution to it :D

From the Home Screen, I clicked on “Settings”. From there, I scrolled down to “General” and clicked on it. From there, I scrolled to the bottom, clicked “Reset”, then “Reset Network Settings”. After accepting the warning that I was doing something dangerous and clicking the giant red button, the iPhone started to restart. After it was done getting reset, I simply went back into Settings -> Wifi, saw my network, connected and it worked!

So, if you’re *still* having trouble with the iPhone Wifi, reset your network settings. That did the trick for me. Woohooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Xplore