Pages

Amazon

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Download Torrents on Android

Finally we have a torrent client for Android. The name is "T Torrent". I always wanted to download stuff on torrents while on the move or wherever I found good network or wifi.. It isn't possible to carry a laptop everywhere we go and now Smart Phones are replacing laptops in our daily lives.. People are even reading news on their tablets and smart phones every morning and stopped taking the physical news paper which they used to get every morning..



 I found this app and tried it on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and its working Marvelously.. Im a download freak, specially movies.. i have hell loads of em'.. So obviously this app made me super happy :D

You get options to search for torrents from a number of sites, which I dint find very interesting though.. I download torrents from www.seventorrents.com, www.kickasstorrents.com, www.isohunt.com etc.. which are the top sites.. And browse them on the phone and keep em for download.. On the first day when I wanted to try how this app actually works, I started downloading a small 25mb file and kept the mobile on charge and slept. When I got up in the morning, I was all excited to see 100% download finished and what I saw was crap, the download dint even start... Grrrrrrrrr... I was pissed off and then checked for options then then I found this.. Dumb me.. I should have checked this before.. The default option which was set was download only on WIFI.. ha ha ha.. I laughed at myself and then changed it to the third one which is Any available connection.. And then within no time the download started :D Yayyyy!! I have very limited 3G which will get used up within no time if I start downloading torrents in it, so I switched off 3G and used my normal Data plan of 2G.. Have hell loads of it..


Next day I thought why not try a bigger file and found some new torrents and kept this movie for download.. a 700 MB file on download for the night on EDGE.. The speed on Edge I get is 20-25kBps which is very low. Use a WIFI network of if u have unlimited 3G data plan, start downloading from anywhere anytime ;)


Cheerz!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Xplore