Pages

Amazon

Friday, February 10, 2012

Unlink/De-link Google+ & Picasa

I was blogging as usual and found a button somewhere to link my blogs to the Google+ account. I actually use another account for my Google+ profile but thought I could have one more to post and publish my blogs and other uses. I created my profile and it asked me to link my Picasa Web Albums to my new Google+ profile which was being created. I looked for options where I dint want to link both of them but there was no other choice. I accepted and immediately went to my photos, I dint wanna share ALL my personal pics with family & friends with the world, who wants to anyways?

Okay, so after going to my photos on picasa, it was interesting to see that none of the albums were public, because they arent public on my Picasa network. Great.. But they were set to limited which I dint wanna risk and I converted all of them to ONLY YOU that meant only me :P

Here's the way how to go about it. Writing this cuz' it might help some folks who might not find these options or the way to go about it.

Go to your Google+ account and click the Photos icon beside the Home button.
On the right side of the page, your picasa albums will be shown, click them and you get the option to change their visibility status. Click "Change how your albums are shared" written in blue when you go to the photos page.


You can see all your albums there with the options for each album to change their visibility status. 


 I have changed all my albums to "only you" which removes them from limited or public viewing on Google+.
The below pic shows the number of options available for Picasa pics. You can choose anyone of them and set your image privacy the way you link it ;)


Note: All the pics that you upload to Google+ directly are also uploaded to Picasa Web Albums because they are inter-connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Xplore